Software Engineering Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (Alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of Alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
- Pre-process and analyze financial market data
- Build software systems that manage huge amount of data efficiently and can facilitate effective quantitative analysis and research, develop utility tools that can further automate the software development, testing and deployment workflow under the guidance of senior engineers
- Develop python to implement automation test case with the help of senior engineers
- Other tasks assigned by senior managers
Its Impact: The Software Engineer Intern will help develop, maintain, and improve proprietary software to efficiently manage various types of financial market data and to facilitate quantitative investment research.
What You’ll Bring:
- Hold or working toward a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from a leading university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related areas
- Able to work at least 2.5 days per week, for at least six months
- Demonstrated ability to program in C++ and developing multithreading real-time applications on Linux/Unix platforms; familiarity with Python
- Have a good command of report writing
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Position based in Ramat Gan, Israel.
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in English and local language to: firstname.lastname@example.org