WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (Alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of Alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest quantitative researchers. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Role: Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new Alphas. We strive to understand data in new and innovative ways. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant is seeking an exceptional individual to join the firm as a Quantitative Researcher. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
As we pursue our goal of creating new Alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. WorldQuant’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our relentless pursuit to succeed.
What You’ll Bring:
- B.Sc. or an advanced degree from a leading university in a quantitative or highly analytical field (e.g. – Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Ranked in the top 10% of bachelor’s degree class
- Previous experience as a quant in a research focused capacity is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to program in C/C++ on a Unix/Linux platform is a plus
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with a strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Strong English language skills; ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
Position is based in our Ramat-Gan research office.
Interested and qualified candidates can email their CV to WQIsraeljobs@worldquant.com